$BOOK serves as a versatile utility and loyalty token and can be considered stored reading energy. Readers can earn $BOOK through the Read to Earn™ Loyalty Reward System when they consume digital books (eBooks and Audiobooks). Earned tokens can be spent to obtain new books at a reduced price, and some digital books (and Mint + Print books) are exclusively available for purchase using $BOOK.
For creators, including authors and publishers, $BOOK is essential for generating Decentralized Encrypted Asset (DEA) digital books. Additionally, creators rely on $BOOK to access anonymous user and reading analytics and utilize an enterprise marketing system. They can receive payments in $BOOK for their digital book sales and can also earn $BOOK by hosting interactive book clubs directly with their audience. Furthermore, they can offer their audience free and discounted content, merchandise, and other incentives using $BOOK.
See our whitepaper to see all utility uses of the $BOOK Token.
• $BOOK tokens power the Read to Earn™ Loyalty System, where users earn $BOOK for reading their ebooks or listening to their audiobooks.
• $BOOK tokens are used within the Marketplace and can be used to purchase some titles early and/or at a discounted rate. For some titles, merchandise, and Mint+Print™ physical print books, $BOOK is the only accepted form of payment.
• $BOOK and can be used to reduce trading fees (when compared to other non-book exchanges).
• $BOOK tokens can be earned through P2P lending, and readers can use $BOOK to tip Authors & Creators, and donate to special causes and non-profits.
• Authors may require $BOOK tokens to access social book clubs with special access to exclusive content, author interactions, merchandise, etc.
For Authors & Publishers
• $BOOK tokens will be used to create DEA eBooks and Audiobooks.
• $BOOK tokens are used to pay certain book royalties to Authors, Publishers, and other delegates.
• $BOOK tokens are used to access the Reading Analytic Platform to better understand how their books are being consumed.
• $BOOK tokens are needed to utilize the Enterprise Advertising Platform by Authors and publishers wishing to market to their reading audience and offer incentives, discounts, and free content.
On June 2, 2021, a fixed supply of 10,000,000,000 (10 Billion) $BOOK tokens were minted as native-based Cardano tokens.
The original transaction for this is available for review at: https://bit.ly/3KHA07s.
This was a non-divisible token, and a reissued $BOOK token is now available as a 1-to-1 swap.
On June 9, 2023, a fixed supply of 10,000,000,000 (10 Billion) $BOOK tokens were minted as a native-based Cardano token to replace the original 2021 $BOOK token.
The transaction for this is available for review at:
$BOOK tokens are allocated as follows:
|Read to Earn Loyalty Program||5,000,000,000||50%|
|Initial Token Offering||1,000,000,000||10%|
|Team, Advisors & Acquisitions||2,600,000,000||26%|
Following the token sale and distribution of $BOOK, combined with the launch of the Read to Earn Loyalty Program, the following is an estimation of total circulating supply by year:
|Initial Token Release||2,168,750,000||21.69%|
Can I get whitelist or early access?
Yes, check the Token Sale page for details.
Is there a Whitepaper?
Yes, View the Whitepaper.
Is there a Legal Opinion about the token?
Yes, view it here.
What is the minimum purchase amount?
The minimum purchase will be $100 USD equivalent.
How long is the token sale?
Token Sale begins on July 20, 2023, and ends September 20, 2023.
When are tokens released?
Tokens will be released to all purchasers on October 20, 2023.
Who can buy?
Because our entity is based in the British Virgin Islands, our token sale is currently available to anyone living outside the United States, excluding Embargoed and Sanctioned Countries.
What blockchains does Book.io work on?
Book.io is a multi-chain company and allows authors and publishers to choose different chains for different specific needs. Currently Book.io has digital books on Algorand, Cardano, Ethereum, and Polygon. The $BOOK token is a native Cardano token.
When can I use $BOOK to buy books?
You will be able to make eBook purchases for certain titles (depending on Creator’s settings) with $BOOK when it is released on October 20, 2023.
Will $BOOK Classic (2021) be used?
$BOOK Classic will not be honored on the platform for purchasing books – you have to exchange it for $BOOK V2.0.